To support our strategic initiatives, we are looking for a (Junior) Risk Officer to join the risk team of the Belgian Bank. The role can however be performed either in Belgium or Malta.
This is an outstanding opportunity for young professional interested in Finance to start or develop a career within an ambitious online bank.
While the “Risk Officer Organisational Support” will report to the Head of Credit Risk in Belgium his role will be much wider than Credit Risk only. In a dynamic fintech such as MeDirect the successful candidate will get opportunities to work on a wide range of Risk Management topics and will interact with colleagues from both the first and the second line of defence in Belgium, Malta and London.
We will be able to offer you a flexible working environment where work-life balance matters whilst having an intellectual challenge allowing you to grow, as well as a competitive package.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participating in the preparation and ensuring timely availability of key risk metrics on various portfolios (Corporate Lending, Structured Finance, Mortgage Loans and Treasury Instruments) and coordinating the production of the monthly Management Risk Reports as well as preparing other periodic reporting and sets of information requested by the external auditor and the regulators.
- Supervising data quality/availability and make sure these are consistent with internal/external definitions.
- Monitoring the evolution of the portfolios against key risk indicators with critical eyes and ensuring the businesses are evolving within Risk Appetite limits and developing/improving the various risk monitoring dashboards at the light of the developments of the different businesses (e.g. Belgian mortgages).
- Performing deeper research and analyses, including interacting with the different stakeholders (business representatives, Finance, Risk Analytics, Business Intelligence, …), to clarify potential errors, abnormal deviations or to address specific topics.
- Acting as Secretary of different management committees incl. the Belgian Management Risk Committee (responsible for the schedule, collating the agenda and preparing the minutes).
- Supporting the Belgian Risk team in the development of the Bank’s activities relating to wider Risk projects such as reviewing and updating the key risk documents (Frameworks, Policies, Inventories, Limits, procedures, Risk Control Self-Assessment, Internal Control Report, …), participating in the ICAAP/ILAAP exercises, etc.
- Assisting in implementing recommendations made by internal and external auditor/regulators.
- Other analyses and duties as may be determined from time to time by the Head of Credit Risk to ensure adequate administration of the Belgian Risk team.
Required knowledge, skills, and experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in economics or management (with or without experience) or other Bachelor/Master with at least 2y related experience in Risk Management.
- Experience of monitoring key credit risk parameters on Corporate and/or Retail portfolios is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills, rigorous with a strong sense of precision.
- Advanced knowledge of MS-Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and some notions of VBA (or programming in other languages) is a plus.
- Appetite for data analysis (e.g. extracting from data bases, processing and analysing business data linked to credit risk and preparing resulting presentations for management).
- Capacity to address discussions, developments, and enhancements with other stakeholders with regards to the technical aspects of Risk Management.
- Be able to work independently in a well-organized manner, be hands-on, solutions oriented and enthusiastic to “go the extra-mile”.
- Strong communications skills in English (written and spoken) is a must. Professional knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a plus.
- Demonstrate commitment, reliability, personal integrity, honesty, and respect.