MeDirect Monthly Savings Max
base rate: 0,05% on annual basis
fidelity rate: 0,25% on annual basis
Up to €500 / month
Save up to €500 per month, with a limit of €50,000 in total
Take out cash anytime
Talk about saving money
Online saving for the free-spirited
Put in a maximum of € 500 per month, with a limit of €50.000 in total. Make it easy on yourself and get a standing order from your bank to save automatically without breaking a sweat. Note that your account exists online, and online only. Check it on the go and make any changes you like in an instant.
How long can you save? Forever and ever. With the open-ended Monthly Savings Max account, you’re the one to decide where it ends. The interest rates might change, but this will be communicated by e-mail in due time and you can always consult these on our website.
Mark January 1st in your calendar: that’s when we’ll pay your 0,05% base rate. To boot, your fidelity premium will be paid every quarter.
You can also withdraw as much as you like, whenever you like. It’s your money.
Please read our Essential information for savers before opening an account.
This is a regulated savings account created by MeDirect Bank S.A. (Belgian law applies).
If we ever go bankrupt, your savings will be guaranteed up to € 100.000 euro, which you will receive in cash. any deposits you have over € 100.000 euro could be reduced or converted into shares (bail-in). Inflation risk: Continuing price rises could lead to a loss in value of the saved money.
Up to € 980 of interest per person, you don’t pay any taxes. For interests that exceed this amount, you’ll pay a withholding tax of 15%.
There’s also a double exemption up to and including € 1,960 for a joint account with a cohabiting or married partner.
Any complaints should first be directed to [email protected]
If you disagree with our proposed solution, you can contact the Consumer mediation office for financial services (Ombudsfin), Boulevard du Roi Albert II 8, box 2, B-1000 Brussels. 02/545.77.70,
Or maybe this is more your thing
A round-the-world trip, or maybe a bigger TV? Yes, you can. For here’s an account that’s just as spontaneous as your plans.
You’re the kind to keep your eyes on the ball. You’re saving up for something big. New wheels, maybe, or a little house on the prairie. Maybe even a big one.
In case you are fresh to start.
How do I open an account ?
- Click ‘Become a client’ to start the online application process. You will be asked if you wish to open up a single or a joint account. Complete your personal data as requested on screen.
- You will be guided to provide a clear copy of the front and back of a valid Belgian ID and to take a selfie.You can choose from the following 2 options:
- Use your smartphone to take a photo of your ID and a selfie.
- Upload a photo or a scan of your ID and take a selfie using the camera on your electronic device (eg webcam).
- Complete the online application process and sign it digitally. Keep your mobile close at hand.
- Make a first payment to your MeDirect Cash Account from an external account registered in your name.
- If you applied to open a joint account, you can transfer your first payment from an external joint account (registered in the name of both account holders) or from two different accounts, each registered in the name of the individual account holder.
- Once the payment has been received, a MeDirect Cash Account will be opened for you. You will then get full access to the secure website.
How can I deposit funds in my account?
You can deposit funds by instructing a bank transfer from an external bank account to your MeDirect account.
Are there any fees for opening an account?
The sooner you start managing your money your way, the sooner you’ll see results. Make your own choices and find what feels good. Sign up and open your account in a heartbeat.