Brussels * Full-time
Duties and responsibilities
- Assisting with corporate housekeeping.
- Assisting the business lines with day-to-day legal matters, such as negotiating and drafting of commercial contracts, handling disputes and potential litigations.
- Providing research, business-oriented advice, and other legal assistance to the business lines
- Developing the bank's policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance, or regulatory affairs.
- Providing clarification on legal language or specifications to the business lines.
- Communicating and negotiating with external parties (external counsel, regulator, Ombudsfin, etc.), creating relations of trust, or supporting the business with such requests.
- Drafting and amending contracts, procedures, and other legal documents.
- Creating and managing a solid legal contractual database.
- Optimizing legal processes to eliminate inefficiencies.
- Continuously researching legal resources, allowing you to stay up to date on all current laws and consequently inform the business lines.
- Analysing on a regular basis the actions and decisions of the bank, identifying problem areas, suggesting alternative courses of action and mitigating actions.
- Gradually assisting with transactional work (M and A, structured finance, and capital markets).
Required knowledge, skills, and experience
- Masters in law with excellent results.
- French or Dutch written and spoken.
- English written and spoken.
- 1-3 years of experience.
- A general background in law.
- Experience in IT-related contracts and/or banking and/or litigation and/or tax and/or general commercial law is a plus.
- You are able to work in an independent, efficient, hands-on and proactive way.
- You are a thorough lawyer and take all possible legal issues into consideration before making any recommendations.
- You have excellent analytical, communication, diplomatic, research and drafting skills.
What we offer